When Love Hit Us

Just reminiscing tonight, thought I'd share.

Growing up in the Bryant household we didn't use the word Love that much. Now we always knew we were loved but that was something we just didn't go around telling each other. I guess we took it for granted; why mention it if you already knew it. I'm sure them spankin's we got was done in Christian Love. Like now this is gonna hurt me more than it will hurt you, uh! yeah! right! Well shoot, don't do it then. No, honestly y'all I can't remember ever getting a whoopin' from mama and daddy. Can't speak for the other two ( Keith and Lisa), but personally they needed a beatin', but I love 'em. I guess what I'm getting at is, we just didn't throw them I Love Yous out to our families or anyone else for that matter back then. So with that said, heres our story.

Let me just say we ain't at the Iuka Drive-in, might have supposed been but you know sometimes plans can change. Hey I'm not gonna disclose this location for two reasons: 1. My girls are my #1 readers and  2. I'd get a whoopin' from mama and daddy. Shhhhhh!!!!!

So where ever we are, all alone, (now y'all I know what your thinking but we wasn't there) we was a talking then all of a sudden he give me one of those knock-out kisses (y'all think back) where you get all weak in the knees, kinda light headed and think ya gonna faint.(hum, I thinking back, was that yesterday) :) Anyway after that he blurts out he.... LOVES ME. I don't mind telling ya I was in Shockkkkk. I said, WHAT???? Oh and he tells me again. Being the dummy I am, I say, Are You Sure......he said, yep I'm pretty dang sure. He starts telling me all this mushy stuff and y'all don't wanna hear all that mess, so I'm gonna skip that, y'all can thank me later. Well I start getting all nervous cause I ain't never told anyone in my whole life that I loved them. I know he was a waitin' on me to say right back atcha but them words wasn't a coming out of this mouth. Now don't get me wrong, I was on cloud nine but it was all on my shoulders and I wasn't about to say them words that night anyway. I had to think on it and practice saying it cause I just knew if I had said, I- LOVE- YOU, I would have killed over right there where ever we were. Lord, I was a thinking why would he wanna say something like that when we was having a good time.He might as well took me home cause I couldn't even pucker up any more.

You know I had to be in by 11:00 and we was in the driveway a little before 11, but time got away from us. You know we was doing that " kissy-kissy smoochie-smoochie kinda stuff and all of a sudden Sammy stops everything and says look up at your bedroom window.

Me:  What is going on?
Sammy:  Looks like someone is blinking your lights at us.
Me:  Oh Lord!!!! what time is it.
Sammy:  A little after 11
Me:  Well I knew what that signal was all about( I'd better get in the house) but I wanted to have some fun.
        So I tell Sammy to blink his lights back at them.
Sammy: Are you crazy? They won't ever let me come over here again.
Me: So I did it and they did it a few times, then it stopped.
Sammy:  Guess they got tired.
Me: Yep, guess so. Then we picked up where we left off. :) hey we was in the driveway was that not good       enough.

Y'all I'm sorry but you just had to be there to get this picture. Mama had come out of the house in her coat-tail, ( night gown)  had a stick in her hand and started beating the windows of this smokin yellow car. We both start a hollerin',cause we didn't see her coming and didn't know what was happening, we was in a lip- lock, I guess.

Mama:  Teresa Bryant get out of that car NOW!
ME: I jump out.
Sammy: Cranks up and slinging gravel everywhere and we are eatin' his smoke.
Me: I start running to the house just a hollering " Mama he loves me! he loves me Mama" WooHoo!

Y'all for two whole weekends I couldn't say those words. I'd practice all day on Saturday before our big dates but I would chicken out. I remembered thinking I reallllllly did like him so that must be LOVE. I just knew  I'd screw it up and it wouldn't come out the right way. However, one special night I guess my heart was just right and I said, I LOVE YOU!!!!! Y'all the best feeling in the world  and I cried like a baby.

So like that songs goes: So tell that someone that you love, just what you're thinking of, if tomorrow never comes.

Dear Lord,
I LOVE YOU!!! I LOVE YOU!!! I LOVE YOU!!! Amen






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey