My New Journey

I may not understand but.... by faith, I'm gonna give it my best shot and move forward.

After 3 months of me sleeping with house plans and then Lisa (my sister) trying to please me with house plans she has drawn up, I finally have one. Yep, I have a plan. I bought a house. Lol!!!!
Finally, the middle of November I had settled on my new dream house. This may seem a little weird to y'all but it was so hard coming from a huge house to a 3 bedroom home. Also, it was hard not having my side kick with me. Although Sammy and I had the same taste in things I missed him making decisions. To this day I still hate doing that. Anyway, Lisa and I met with several contractors and finally settled on the perfect one. He put me on his list and promised to have it built by May or June. So, I was really ready to sit back and wait. Kinda like taking a loooong winter's nap with Mama and Papa Bear. But, guess what? God had another plan.... his plan, the perfect plan.
I get a message from a sweet family telling me they were gonna be selling their home and they thought of me. Never had I thought about buying.  I was just gonna build beside Mama and Daddy. So, I go and take a look at the house and report back to Lisa. She goes and takes a look. After many sleepless nights, NO help from my family, and a lot of talking it over with God, I knew this just had to be. You see, why would it take someone this long to come up with a house plan? Because.... it was all in God's timing. Beside that, I think God had a little meeting with my three in Heaven. This is how I imagine  it.
God: "Hey, Sammy, Kinsley and Jay, come take a little walk with me. I just wanted to show y'all this big picture. You remember the house you left behind? Well I have a great family that has moved in there. Now it wasn't an easy move for your wife and mother cause of all the memories that were made there but I talked her through it. Aww, we had some of the best talks the last week of her stay there. Then she started thinking of building a house.  I know it would have been a little difficult doing this alone so I had a plan. Come walk with me through this house I've picked for her. This house is a little bigger than she was gonna build because she didn't wanna part with some of that material stuff.
Now, in her original house plan she didn't want a tub in her master bathroom so this house has no tub in the master bathroom.

Kinsley: "Oh!! look!! the upstairs over looks the family room just like our lake house."

Jay:  "Awww! a pool, we always wanted a pool but we had Eastport Lake."

Sammy:  "Wow! And it's across the street from our grandson, Alex."

And God said with a chuckle,"she only had to pick out a washer and dryer."

Now, you see It, was meant to be and it's beautiful.
So, as I start my "new" journey, I'm shaking but I'm gonna try and take my kids advice when they were younger...... Hakuna-Matata. (PS: It means No Worries, Be Happy)

Dear God,
Oh my goodness, Lord, how my nights were filled with making plans for a new home and at just the right time you had a better plan. I know this plan wasn't knew to you but this "new to me" house was to me. Thank you for my strength to carry on. I know I'm a mess sometimes but I try to smile even when its raining. I trust you Lord cause I know you got this. Bless all my family and friends cause they mean so much to me. In you name, Amen.














Comments

  1. I am so sorry for your losses, and so close together! You have a great attitude, and a lovely blog. God bless you. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your losses, and so close together! You have a great attitude, and a lovely blog. God bless you. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh