Calls in the night

Y'all, we lived in Sheffield, Al and we hadn't been married very long when all this happened. Same house where he lost his arm. For you, out-of- towners, O'Neal bridge is in Florence Al just up the road.

Once in the middle of the night I woke up to a girl just a screaming. I lay there trying to make out what she was a hollin' about. Finally, I woke Sammy up and said, I wont you to listen to that girl a hollin' outside.It was pretty scary and she was real close, not far down the road, but I couldn't make out what she was a saying. I told Sammy I thought we needed to call the police cause she sounded like she was being raped. It was AWFUL!!!!!!

Sammy: Laughing, You hadn't been around many animals, have you?
Me: Nope, just dogs.
Sammy: Well .....that's cats mating.
Me: It ain't a girl?
Sammy:Well......one of them is.


Another middle of the night, our phone rings and you know how starling that can be. I answer and it's one of his loyal listeners ( female ) on the other end wanting to talk to him.

ME: he's asleep.
Girl: I just need to talk to him.
Me: Nope and I'm not waking him up.
Girl: Please. I just gotta talk to him.
Me: Nooooooooo!!!!!!!
Girl: I'm on the O' Neal bridge and I'm gonna jump if I don't get to talk to him.
Me: Well.... just go ahead and jump cause he ain't coming. Then I hung up.
I go ease back in bed.
Sammy: Who was that?
Me: Some old girl.
Sammy: What did she want?
Me: You!!! and then I told him what she said.
Sammy: Surely you didn't tell her to jump.
Me: Yeah, I did.
Sammy: Oh my Lord.
Y'all, we watched the newspapers for several days to see if a body had been recovered and I'm happy to report, None was found.

Dear Lord,
There is a peace in me that knows I can call on you at any time. I believe with all my heart that with my faith, hope and trust in you, bad things can be turned around for the good. Amen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey