Have You Seen It


I know I can write some of the stupidest things but I promise all these stories are true, who could make this crap up. Just read on, you'll understand.

Y'all we hadn't been married long, maybe 9 months, and it was late at night or maybe early morning hours, I really don't know cause I was asleep. Anyway, Sammy wakes me up just a hollerin' said his ARM was gone. Now,you know how it is when you are dead asleep and I sure wasn't use to anyone hollerin' in the middle of the night. Lord I sat straight up in the bed, of course I didn't have a clue even where I was at. So I looked to my right and there he was just a carrying on. I said, WHAT IS IT!!!!! He (a little excited) said, its my arm, its Gone!!!!!! Well.you know me I think its my wifely duty to get up and look for it. Y'all, I tore that room up looking for it. I'm tell ya I got busy, I yank all the covers off the bed, I looked under the pillow , under the bed, even picked up one side of the mattress. NOTHING THERE! this whole time hes just lying there hollerin'. At one point I thought maybe someone had come in our bedroom and gotten his arm and there wasn't Anyone gonna take my new husbands arm. Just as I got that thought out, Sammy said, Oh My Gosh!!!! here it is!!! and I said, where-did- you-find -it. He said, right here beside me.( use your imagination here)  with his left hand he picks up his right arm and holds it straight up in the air. All of a sudden he starts laughing and I reckon' I snapped out of whatever I was in and start laughing too. I was laughing cause he found it and relieved that someone wasn't snooping around in our room. He was laughing cause he realized what had happened. His arm had gone to sleep and fell off  the side of the bed and when it started tingling all he could feel was his shoulder and it felt like a nub.( y'all try it and see) He gave me a big old kiss and thank me for looking. I kissed him back and said, just doing my job.

Dear Lord,
 I'm so glad I can look back and laugh at some of the crazy things we did. Some nights when I look over and he's not there, I just slide right over and have sweet dreams. Thank you for my memories. Amen

Comments

  1. And, Teresa, thank you for sharing your sweet memories. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you. What a tremendous inspiration you are to others and what a wonderful witness you are to our Lord. You and your family continue to be in our daily prayers...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey