Looking and Found a Job

After living in St. Petersburg a few weeks I had to start looking for a JOB. I went on many interviews and I'd get so lost. So when I headed out I'd have a map and a quarter to call someone who cared. Wow! back in the day. I remember one time getting lost and a police pulled me over. Yep, I was that obvious. Of course, my car was new and I hadn't gotten Fla drivers licence or a tag. I was so nervous.
Policeman: Ma'am, do you live around here.
Me: I don't know...... I'm lost.
Policeman: Is this your car?
Me: YYYYYes
Policeman: Where did you buy it?
Me: ( I went blank) I don't know but if you'll go back and look near the trunk, it should tell ya.
Policeman: What are you doing?
Me: Been looking for a job, now I'm trying to find home.
Policeman: About your tag...
Me: Look, I know I don't have the right tag or drivers licence but I've only been here a few weeks. I promise I'll get all this soon.
Policeman: ( real friendly guy) Ok, that sounds good. Have a good day.
Me: Hey could you point me in the direction of my house. ( I had my address written down on a piece of paper). He did and I found home.
I finally found a job. It was at a warehouse pulling orders for school supplies and I hated it.When we had  lunch they loved for me to talk,'cause I said y'all and cornbread. Y'all there was a couple that worked there and they had 18 kids, biological. They had 3 sets of triplets, 2 sets of twins and the rest singles. Lord Have Mercy!!!  And they couldn't keep their hands off each other. Hey, they even told me they shared a toothbrush and I bet that ain't all they shared. (sorry, don't that make you wanna puke). I don't know why I remember stuff like this. I remember they had to take a bus so far, then walk the rest of the way to work. They had a van but some of the older kids had to drive the younger kids places. Their names were Eva and Al. I bet them Duggers found out about 'em and said, Hun, we gonna have to do better. Old Eva and Al wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but they sure entertain themselves, apparently.lol!!

Dear Lord,
I pray for all the people who was like me at one time, just riding around lookin' for home. I wanna be that person that has help point them in the right direction and pointed them toward their "Heavenly Home". We may think we don't  have all the right stuff but all that matters in the end is, I got you and you got me, Lord. Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey