St. Petersburg FL Bound

Months ago I wrote a story called movin' on up, well this will pick up where I left off. We leave Florence, headed to St. Petersburg, Fl. Sammy is driving a moving van and pulling his little blue truck. I'm in my new Mustang II car with our dog, Samson and a walky talky. I made it pretty good till we got to Tampa and had to cross the Gandy bridge. That had to be the longest bridge I had ever seem not to mention driving on. When I saw we had to cross it I got on the walky talky and  radioed ahead. Tampa will be my home, I can't do it. Oh, he thought I was playing around and he started laughing and I started crying  He said we would drive in the slowwww lane and he would talk to me all the way. I made it across but I think I only had one eye opened the whole way.
You know when he ask me what I thought about moving to Florida, I reckon' I thought it would be like being on vacation, boy was I wrong. After it took me about two weeks to unpack everything, I realized vacation was over and I was stuck there. We arrived at our friends apartment early one afternoon, got a paper and started looking for a place to live. The first place we looked at, we liked. We unloaded the u-haul, set up furniture and ordered a pizza and called it a night.
We lived in a great neighborhood and the streets were made of sand, you could see some pavement in the drive but for the most part sand everywhere, and that took a little getting use to. Our house was a duplex, real cute. Two bedrooms, one bath, kitchen, and a den just right for us.
One day as I was washing some glasses that I had just unpacked, the glass broke and I slice open my little finger right where it meets my hand. I couldn't get it to stop bleeding so I go next door to our landlord. Now this old fart had never been married before and had no symypathy whatsoever.
Landlord: Girl you sure are a bleeding
Me: ( tears rolling down my face) Yeah!! I had bleed through two dish towels.
Landlord: What do you want????
Me: MY MAMA!!!! (you fool) What do you mean, what do I want!!
Landlord: Girl you are a long way from home, let me butterfly that up for you.
He did and all was well. He even checked on me a few days later. I still got a scar there. (memories)

We had a big window in the den and I got to noticing every day about the same time Samson would sit and watch for Sammy to come home. Kinda weird but he did this every day. Well one day Samson was looking out the window and he started barking and wouldn't stop and it was to early for Sammy to be home. I thought I'd see what he was barking at and I couldn't believe it...... about a 6 or 7 foot alligator walking down our street. Now that didn't leave a scar but...... I had to change my pants. HA!

Dear Lord,
 Thank you for loving me so much and shedding your blood so all my sins are forgiven. And just so you know Lord,  I'd trade "streets of sand"  for "streets of gold"  any day. Amen





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey