Happy Anniversary Beth and Ryan

                                 
                                  Michael Ryan Huntley married Lori Elizabeth Darwin October 13,2007


                           

Beth and Ryan met and started dating while in college at Birmingham Southern in 2002. After graduation, she went to the University of Alabama for her Master's in Social Work. He went to the University of Samford for his Master's in Business Administration.

In 2006, Ryan came home with Beth for Christmas. It was Christmas Eve and Sammy likes to do his last minute shopping so he had to go to Tupelo.  Ryan ask if he could ride with him. On the way home, about 20 minutes from the house, Ryan ask Sammy if her could marry Beth. Sammy tells him yes and Ryan tells him it's going be a surprise and not to tell her. Later that night, while in bed, Sammy tells me. He said he almost ran off the road when Ryan ask. We were so happy but how would I be able to keep my mouth shut? Well, Christmas had come and gone and he hadn't given her the ring yet. I found it hard to talk to Beth when she would call me 'cause I was afraid I'd let it slip.
January 12th (our anniversary) Sammy, Kinsley and I went to a basketball game at the school, and we get the call from a very excited Beth.  She got a ring. Now we hadn't told a soul and here come Kinsley with her phone. Oh my gosh, y'all look at this! Beth had sent her a picture of her ring. We were all excited!!! We gave Beth away in October of that year, but we also gained a son too.  One of the greatest guy you'll ever met.

It had a been a busy year of picking out stuff for the showers and the wedding was a lot of fun. I'll never forget the day I picked Beth up from work in Birmingham and we went shopping for her wedding gown. We found the dress for her then went for ice cream.
The Huntley's started arriving at the beginning of the week. You know they live so far away and did a wonderful job with the rehearsal dinner.  This was their second wedding of the year. Ryan's brother, Jason, had married Stephanie in the early summer. Whew!! My hat's off to them!  I don't know if I could have done it with girls. Ryan comes from a longgggg line of love just as Beth does. He had family coming from everywhere, and I truly love each and everyone of them.


We started this celebration on a Thursday night before the wedding on
Saturday. Scotty and Sandra Skinner and their girls fed all our bunch
with a bar-b-que dinner. The Skinners and Darwin have always shared our girls and grandkids, so they are like family.
Skinner's party
Skinner's party

Friday morning the guys played golf while some of the girls when to get pedicures. I was running around making sure we hadn't forgotten anything.  Later that evening, we had the rehearsal dinner. It was held a the Pickwick Pines Activity center outside. It was beautiful and the food was delicious.
Rehearsal dinner
There were around 150 family and friends there. When the girls were growing up they'd look through my jewelry and I'd tell them when you get married I'm   gonna give you one of my rings. Whew, I had just enough for our girls. Anyway, after speeches were made I gave Beth a present and it was one of my rings and a ring holder I had had for many years.
Ring and ring holder

Having fun!!!!!


Saturday morning Ryan's cousin, Pam hosted a brunch at Cafe' Memories for the bridal party and family.




We had moved the wedding to the Iuka Baptist church like the week of the wedding.  We weren't sure we would have enough room in the Methodist church, so the day of the wedding I was running around trying to borrow ferns to use. The Methodist church is Beth's home church so we had already made some pictures of her with her dress on before we knew we were gonna move to the other church. The wedding was just beautiful!!!                                            




The reception was held at the Pickwick Pines Lodge. The rehearsal dinner and the reception was catered by Sweet Basil's in Florence, Al. Sammy did a great job picking out the bands. The band, City Lights came from Nashville and they were absolutely wonderful. The other band was Little Texas... need I say more!!!
CITY LIGHTS














LITTLE TEXAS










MR. AND MRS. RYAN HUNTLEY





Let the good times roll.
ALL I'VE EVER DREAMED OF AND MORE!!!!!!!!!!



                       



Dear Lord,
I ask that you continue to watch over this marriage that was planned and made in heaven. Guide them with your hand and as they walk together side by side. May they always remember there is nothing to small or to great that you can't see them through. May they love each other forever and ever. Amen.



                                                         


                       HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!










In loving memory of Kinsley, Sammy and Grandma Huntley



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey