Our Family Halloween- 2010



Sometimes its hard for families, especially extended family, to get together on holidays, but when we do we have the best time. For a few years now we have all gotten together for Halloween. It's around 30-40 of us, we rent and decorate the youth center at the park. We bring food, play games, and have a costume contest with non family judges. We have so much fun!!!

One year my crazy family wanted to be "Daddy's 5" or "Jack's 5" like in the Jackson 5.  Of course, Logan was "Mike" 'cause he had the moves.  Sammy was out of town (making a living) and Kinsley, Keith and Jerry wanted no part of this, so that left daddy, mama. Lisa, Logan, and me. Lisa and I went to the local thrift store and rounded up some flashy clothes.  The hair we borrowed.  Logan had his hair natural.
While Lisa and mama went to the youth center to help decorate, my orders were to get Daddy ready, as in doing his make-up. Well I go to one end of the house and he goes to the other end to get ready. I get my outfit, hair and make-up, and I wait and wait......... on Daddy.
Me:  (Gettin' a little worried and holler) Daddy are you ready? 
Daddy: Yep, just about.
Me: Well hurry up 'cause they will be back any time.
Y'all, I about died. He did his own make-up..............black shoe polish all over his face.
About the time I lay eyes on him, Lisa and mama walk in.
All three of us flog him.
Us:  What do you mean using shoe polish.
Daddy: Well what was y'all gonna use?
Us:  Make-up paint. 
Daddy: Y'all should use this 'cause it's gonna stay on.
Me: OH!!! Its gonna stay on alright.
Long story short, when we get to the youth center we make him go to the door first.  His sister didn't recognized him and wouldn't let him in. Lol!!! Good 'nuff for him.


WE are Family


Now year before last we all went as a Hillbilly Family Wedding. It was a few weeks away from Nikki's wedding so daddy was the groom and Kinsley was the bride. The rest of us were the wedding party. We started out from Daddy and Mama's house......and rode to the park in their camper. Y'all ever heard that song "Merry Christmas From The Family"?  Well I hummed that the whole way. Thank goodness Daddy drove slow 'cause we were packed in there. After the party, Kinsley and Logan talked him into driving us around for a while. Don't think that didn't make his night.
Wedding Party




Flowers for my woman.
One call, that's all

Oh! Bay Bay
Practicing fur that weddin' coming up.
Thanks Y'all

I'm so glad we had this time together,
Just to have a laugh, or sing a song.
Seems we just got started
and before we knew it, God called y'all home.
Dear Lord,
There's a special kind of closeness that only family knows. That begins with childhood trust and deepens as we grow. There's special kind of happiness in sharing little things, the laughter that we have and us all getting together. There's comfort in knowing my family is there to back me up, to cheer me up, to understand and care. Of all the treasures life may bring my family means the most and weather near or far apart, that Love will hold us close. Thank you for my whole family. I'm so blessed. Amen.



Happy Halloween Everyone..............From my whole family!












BOO!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey