Happy 16th Birthday Logan!!!!!!!

Logan!!
Whew! I made it!!!


Everyone knows Logan Locke, right??? I'm gonna share some stories about him.


Logan is my nephew but more like my second son.

I been knowing Logan since before he was born and then on October 17, 1996 I got to meet him. He was all dressed up in his birthday clothes.........NAKED!!!!!! You see, I was in the delivery room when he was born. Yep, I was in charge of the left leg,counting, and saying, PUSH! PUSH! PUSH! When he came home from the hospital, he, his mom, and dad came to our house and stayed for two weeks. Then when he was 6 weeks old his mom went to work, and he was all mine during the day. Jerry and Lisa were so gracious to share him with us, so we felt we had a son and the girls had a brother.

Hey..... can we stay here with y'all ?
Lisa, my sister, apparently didn't know much about babies. One time she told me he was getting up about the same time in the weee morning hours and he wouldn't go back to sleep for a very long time.
Me: Do you give him a bottle.
Lisa: Naw, we just play.
Me : Well no wonder he don't wanna go back to sleep. Try giving him a bottle then put him back in his bed.
Days later.
Lisa: It worked.
This is not what I meant, she would fix him a bottle before going to bed and sit it in the corner of his bed.  Then when he would wake up, he would feel around till he would find it. She said, she knew when he had finished 'cause they would hear the bottle hit the door in his room.

There was another time. You know how sometimes a baby will wanna twist on your hair while going to sleep?  Logan was one of those babies. Now he never twisted on mine, but he got his mama's.
Lisa: He is about to pull all my hair out.
Me: Don't let him do that.
Lisa: That's the only way he will go to sleep.
Me: (A week or so later) Lisa your hair looks better. Is he still pulling on your hair?
Lisa: Naw, I found a wig and he twists on that thing till he goes to sleep.

Warner and Logan
Logan's friends
I really don't know how she got this started but Logan loved their vacuum cleaner. He loved it so much it had to go everywhere he went. Every morning when she would bring him to our house for me to keep, she would have to go back and get the vacuum cleaner out of the car, then load it up every evening. You know some parents might have to go back and get a diaper bag but a Vacuum cleaner, I've never heard of such. I'm telling you, I didn't share this with anyone because after awhile I began to wonder if we had our right mind. Oh, he would cry if it got out of his sight, even rode it like a horse an named it Warner. Bad thing is I would push him around on it. I can't remember how long Warner was around but I'm pretty sure I introduced Lisa to TOYS.

One day Kinsley had her best friend, Kaitlin, over to play. Kinsley and Kaitlin were 11 and Logan was eight.  So I thought I could trust them to watch him while I made quick run to the grocery store.  They assured me they would be fine and they were all playing so good when I left. I can't remember what I needed at the store to buy.  It wasn't like I was shopping for the whole week just one or two things. I normally don't do this and the store was close by. Well, when I got back home, Kinsley and Kaitlin were just a giggling so I knew something was up.  I looked all over the house and Logan was nowhere to be found. I was about to get a little upset at them 'cause they wouldn't tell.  They finally said he was in the basement. I go down to the basement and there he was....... DUCK TAPED to a chair........ only in his underwear. I thought I was gonna die! I was so mad! The story I got was he wouldn't leave them alone so they had to do something.
Sometimes I wish this house was a mad house like it use to be and all the kids were here.

It's so hard to believe I'll be taking him to get his drivers license tomorrow.  Jerry and Lisa bought Sammy's red Jeep for Logan. Sammy and Logan had some good times in that Jeep, so I know he wont be riding alone.


Dear Lord,
We all know that nothing ever stays the same for long and time sure is flying by. I ask your blessing for Logan as he starts this new beginning of his journey ahead. Be with Jerry, Lisa, and me as he drives solo, 'cause we are gonna be so-low on our knees as we watch him drive off. We ask for you to watch over him and all he meets on the street. Surround him with alertness, fill him with purpose, and protect him in times of temptation because there will be consequences for his action. I'm so proud of him and I love him as my own. Amen.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey