You Are so Beautiful

This is a story about Jay. For you out of towners, Jay is my son who was 9 years old when he passed away 17 years ago, He was a Fun Lovin' Kid.

A few years ago, which seems like yesterday to me, I had to go to Huntsville so I decided to take only one child with me.( we had three at that time) I can't remember why I had to go but I just couldn't pass that mall up, since I was going by it anyway. The lucky child was Jay and he was 7 at the time. You know most of the time when I shopped I always brought all of the kids but this time with only one child I could shop for myself,. How hard could that be???? Normally, when I did buy me something I'd try it on after I got home. Well I don't know what got into me but I found a few things I liked and decided to try them on. Jay was the type kid who didn't want me even coming in the bath room while he was taking a bath and I wasn't crazy about him coming in the dressing room with me, but what was I gonna do with him? I guess he could have turned around or closed his eyes but I wasn't thinkin' that for ahead. Anyway, I told him to stand right outside my dressing room door and not to move. Well just about the time I got all my clothes off, I heard him tuning up.(y'all remember Jim Carrey, Jay wanted to be like him) All of a sudden he started singing to the top of his lungs "You are so Beautiful to Me"(y'all remember Alfalfa on the Little Rascals) he sang like him. About the time he took a breath, he heard me say through the crack of the door, That Is Enough!!!!

Jay:  why???? Mama, you are.(beautiful)
Me:  ok.... but sing it in the car.
Jay:  but Mama the ladies out here like me singing.
Me:  what ladies??????? (as I'm getting my old clothes back on).
Sure enough when I opened the door there were all these women standing around just a smiling.
Jay:  Y'all liked my singing, didn't ya
Ladies, Oh yeah!
Me:  (with a fake smile) Well, we gotta go now.
Jay:  Mama I didn't get to see ya with your new clothes on.
Me:  I know
Jay:  whyyyyyy
Me:  cause you was puttin' on a show, and those women are probably still lookin' in that dressing room for someone beautiful.
Jay:  where we going?
Me:  home
Jay:  whyyyyy
Me: cause I brought the wrong kid shopping.

You know this year for Mother's Day, Sammy got me two cards. One was about a grandmothers first Mother's Day, The other was one of those singing cards and guess what it was singing...." Your are so Beautiful to Me" I bet he wondered why I closed it up really fast,  I just couldn't listen to it cause it wasn't in that Little Rascal voice.

Dear Lord,
 Thank you for that Beautiful gift you gave me 26 years ago. I know Heaven hasn't been the same since he arrived. Amen





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey