Jet Ski College

Have you ever had an imaginary friend? Well Jay Darwin did and his name was Bill. I don't remember the day ole Bill showed up at our house but he lived with us for about two years. Bill got in more trouble and Jay got out of trouble. I gotta tell ya, he made every move Jay did. I would have to fix Bill a snack, dinner, and sometimes we would have to wait till he would buckle up before we could leave. I told Jay many times "he had to go".
One day Jay was real sad (which rarely happened) and he said, Bill had told him he was going away to "Jet Ski College"( I ain't ever heard of such) in California. Jay moped around for days. After several days went by I told Jay I hadn't heard him mention Bills name in a while and Oh My Goodness, he burst out crying. He said, he had helped Bill pack a few days ago and he left real early one morning. I hugged him and told him I was sorry and Bill would be fine. I was really thinking, good riddance.
About two weeks went by and we were coming back from soccer practice, right down the road from our house, and Jay hollers, STOP THE CAR!!!!!!!! He scared me to death, I hit the breaks and we all go forward, I just knew someone was about to hit us or I was about to hit someone.  I finally said, "what on earth is it".Jay says, Looky looky who's runnin' down the road, Mama. I'm a looking like crazy trying to see someone. Where!!!!! Who is it????? Oh! Mama, its Bill and he has come home. Well I didn't wait for ole Bill to get in the car, he had to run along beside us with Jay hanging his head out the window just a talking to him. That night before bed I ask Jay where Bill was and he said, he had to go to bed early because he had run all the way from California and then I made him run beside the car and he was realllllly tired.The next morning when I went in to wake Jay up for school he said, Mama, Bills not feeling to good and he wants me to stay home with him. I said , ok, but..... y'all will have to stay in bed all day and No tv. A little while went by and Jay called me to his room. He had the covers pulled up to his neck and I said , what do you wont? He said, Ta-da and pulled the covers back and he was dressed for school. I said, whats going on. He said , he told Bill, he couldn't stay in bed all day without the tv and he would see him later. I ask him if Bill ever went to school with him and he said, naw Mama, he was to smart for school.

Just so y'all know it wasn't that easy to miss school at our house. I was just playing along with him. My rule was, show me a fever.


Dear Lord,
I can't help but Smile when I think of us, your children running to you and your arms are open wide, saying Welcome Home My Child.
I can only imagine Jay seeing Kinsley and then them seeing their Daddy running to them. Tonight I have Happy Tears!!!! Amen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey