His Cup Didn't Runneth Over

I think Jay was 7 when he said he had to have a "talk" with me.  A "talk".... 7 years old .... and a boy????? Sammy was traveling quiet a bit and only home on weekends but I could always call him at anytime esp. if it was an emergency. Jay was serious and didn't wont his sisters around. We got to ourselves and this was our conversation.
Jay: Mama you know I'm playing soccer .
Me: yep
Jay: You know boys need certain things.
Me: Like what?????
Jay: A cup.
Me: With that water bottle I got you, you don't need a cup. Just squirt the water in your mouth.
Jay: Aw!!! Mama.... not that kinda cup.
Me: oh......OH!!!
Me: Naw... you don't.
Jay: Yeah, I really do cause I afraid I gonna get kicked in the privates.
Me: Well when your Daddy comes home that can be something y'all can go and get.
Jay: But I need it before practice tomorrow.
Me: Son, I just don't know a lot about them thangs, Let me talk to your Daddy tonight and we'll see.

Sammy always called every night and talked to all the kids and saved the best for last, me.HA!

Sammy: Well just go ahead and get him one. Like that was something I'd shop for every day. Oh!!! let me grab a gallon of milk and a cup thingy.

Me: You know I don't even know what one looks like and he sorta explains..... ( not even gonna go there, y'all)
So the next afternoon before practice we go to Wal-mart.
Lord ,I was so embarrassed, I found the isle and pointed to where they were located. I stood watch at the beginning of the isle cause I didn't want anyone seeing him lookin' at those things. He was so excited and I just wanted to get out of there. Of course, I had to buy something else cause I couldn't walk to the check outs with That.. ( don't laugh, surely y'all have done that before) Anyway as we pick out our other item I notice he got an adult Large. I about died!!!

Me: Jay, you got the wrong size, its a large!!!!!
Jay: It'll work.
Me: Look, I know I don't know about these things but I do know this is tooooo big.
Jay: Well, Mama..... You Don't Know Me!!
Me: Son.......lets wait till Daddy comes home.
Jay: Just pay for it, it'll work.

Guess what I did, yep, I bought it.

We left Wal-mart and went straight to practice. He couldn't wait to put that thang in his pants while going down the road. Y'all when he got out of the car and he stood up, let me just say, IT STOOD OUT.
Me: Jay get back in this car, you don't look right.
Jay: Smiling and so proud ( just like a man) said......... just what I needed!!!!!
Me: I I I can't stay Jay but I'll be back and pick you up.
Jay: Ok. love ya, Mama.

When I picked him up he was so mad.

Me: How was practice?
Jay: Ramming his hand down his pants said, Mama every time I would start to run this thing would slide down to my ankles and I would fall down.
Me: Umm! you reckon' its to big.
Jay: Naw but I not gonna wear it any more and he threw it in the floorboard.

Sammy called that night, with a chuckle in his voice, did y'all go shopping?
Me: Yep, we got It covered.....sorta.


Dear Lord,
You know I feel my world has been turned upside down and I'm starting all over again. Help me to see that you know what is best and only YOU can see the biggest picture. I love and trust you fully and I know you got ME covered. Amen



Comments

  1. Teresa I love reading your blogs! So true and down to earth. A lot better than any Hollywood movie or book :). Keep them coming!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey