S W A K ???????

As I can't sleep again, I notice our scrapbook lying at the foot of our bed, thought I'd share some of what is in there. Its old, brown, big, and all to pieces, but very loved. This old thing is nothing like what scrapbooking is today. It don't have any fancy paper, its real plain with those black corner pieces.  I started scrapbooking when Sammy moved from Iuka and added some after we got married. This is just a little of whats in there.

Pages about me                                                              
I made honor roll my senior year, huh!                            
I have my permit and 1st driver licence.
I got a certificates for not being adsent or tarty, for lettering in basketball and climbing Stone Mountain.

Pages about Sammy
He scored the highest you could make on ACT
He was in a 4 piece band and won several honors at the Mid-South fair. Later they audition for the "Ted Mack Amateur Hour (talent show on TV) and WON!!!

 This is pretty sad on my part. He must have been looking for a talented wife and when he found out I had climbed Stone Mountain, he didn't have to look any further.

We use to call each other Jack and Jenny,(I know what your thinking) thats was our code names around mama and daddy. hehe!! Here is a roll of adding machine tape counting down the days till we got married. Its all squished down so it will fit in here.On one of our love letters it has 599 days left. Another thing in here is, my first check I wrote as Mrs. J Samuel Darwin. Truth is, it actually was my 3rd check cause I messed up the other two. I remember that cause I was just a shakin', really that was my first time Ever writing a check. I don't know about y'all but in school, I'd practice writing (Mrs. J Samuel Darwin) just to see if I liked the way it looked. Heck, I must have cause it stuck with me.You know there is a little difference in writing on a piece of paper, vs a check  It was our rent  $72.50 on that palace you read about earlier. There are a whole bunch of mushy love letters.Woohoo!  We always ended our letters, REMEMBER, I LOVE YOU and  ALWAYS WILL.
                        
I remembered one day stopping by to visit Mama Helen (grandmother) and telling her I had to leave before 5 o'clock because I had to mail a letter to Sammy. She said, when you seal it up, write SWAK on the back. She was just a laughing and I didn't know what that meant and scared to ask. I tried to get out of it but No..... she was standing over me. I said, I can't because I don't know what that means. She said, it means, Seal With A Kiss. I had never heard of that and from then on, SWAK was on the back of each letter to and from.
Well, my eyelids are getting heavy so I think I'll close this old scrapbook up and let it rest next to me on the other pillow for tonight.

Dear Lord.
A lifetime of memories are what you have given me and I feel so blessed. Remember Lord, I LOVE YOU and ALWAYS WILL. Amen




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey