Together

                                                               
MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Come Sunday my house will be filled with two of the sweetest little boys' laughters and cries. Everything I have down low will go up high. There will be bottles to fill and poo poo diapers to change. I think this year they will be more interested  in the wrapping paper than the gifts.
Our Christmases past we will always remember as we pick up the pieces and move forward. Sammy and I often talked about how proud of our girls and their picks for husbands. He said I know we have spoiled them and they are a lot of "up-keep" (ha!), but God picked the best for them. Of course, my only concern was grandchildren. I wanted grandchildren 'cause I didn't wanna be in diapers the same time the were. I'm proud to say I got my big girl panties still on. Thank you Nikki and Nathaniel and Beth and Ryan.
As the holidays approach I'm gonna be taking a mini vacation from this blog. I gotta lot to get through: Christmas, New Years, the anniversary of Jay going to Heaven (Jan 3rd), and our anniversary (Jan 12th), but I'll be back.
Y'all have been so good to me and my family.  I just don't have the right words to express to you how THANKFUL and BLESSED we are to have such wonderful and caring friends and community. With God by my side and your smiles, hugs, and prayers my life is slowly looking up.
I hope next year you'll make more family time. Let that housework go, and be thankful you have loads of laundry to do. Feel blessed you have to cook for more than one. Be thankful you have a home, food to eat, and children and grandchildren to love on. I know I do!! Tell everyone you love them and most importantly put God first 'cause he will see you through anything and everything. Till next year, my friends... I LOVE YOU!! ... GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!....












Dear God,
Christmas is a special time to be with family and friends. May we all have a good time and remember the most precious gift you gave us, the life of your only son. God I ask a special blessing on all of us this new year. Amen.
 

What I have learned this year: Sadness is a choice. If you choose sadness that means you consciously picked it over happiness. Sometimes it is necessary to be sad, but don't stay there too long. Wonderful things are happening with or without you. Don't miss out on them because those wonderful things become memories and someday you will need them badly.

Written by: Nikki Darwin Clark
                           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey