Christmas in July

My grandmother (Mama Helen) had three children, eight grandchildren, fifteen great grandchildren and twelve great great grandchildren. Growing up when it was just eight of us kids we went on a few vacations together. Oh we went on a few with the great grands too but back in the day it was just us eight, our parents and sometimes two or three grandmothers (which I will write about some day). As time has gone by our families have grown. We found it hard for us all to get together on Christmas so we celebrate Christmas in July at the lake.We have so much fun. It started out at our cabin then we moved it to my uncle and aunt's cabin ( Linda and Bobby Dexter).  They have a big deck so most of the action takes place outside.We put up a Christmas tree with lights and wear Santa hat for pictures. Everyone brings some sort of food and we play dirty Santa. Now when you play "Dirty Santa" with this bunch you better watch out. For years we have had a "surprise gift" and most of the time a new boyfriend or girlfriend ended up with it, (just their luck) and you better have a sense of humor if you got that gift. Another words if you can't run with the big dogs get off the porch or deck. Ha! At the end of the game whomever got the surprise gift got a real gift. Oh yeah, the surprise gift was a big old pair of panties.
I love having a close family. We've always been this way, I think it all goes back to Mama Helen. Over the years some have moved on to Heaven and I'm sure Mama Helen has it going on up there too. We are there for each other. I can't tell ya how much this bunch meant to me when my world was torn apart this year.

Now I'm gonna share some pictures with you from a few Christmases past and I pray they will still love me tomorrow. Feel free to laugh. I promise.... No alcohol was served!!

Dear Lord,
You have been there with us through the good times and the bad times holding us close together. Christmas is getting closer and we are remembering our love ones as they spend Christmas with you. Thank you for my family. Amen.





Silent Night








Merry Christmas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey