Sm, Med and Lg

Sorry y'all this story takes place at the drive-in too. Y'all might as well get use to going to the drive in with me cause we went every Saturday night. You see the same guy that owned the radio station (WVOM-WTIB) where Sammy worked, also owned the drive-in. Which was kinda good on Sammy's part cause we got in free, so he really didn't spend any money on me. We had been dating for some time now and getting married looked promising. This particular night he tells me his dreams......he said, you know I'm in a small right now. When I start getting close to thirty, I wanna be in a medium and after thirty I wanna be in a large. I thought that was about the strangest thing I'd ever heard anyone say or even put any thought into. I 'm so glad he didn't ask me about my dreams cause I really hadn't put any thought in mine, especially something like that. You know I would have to report in after every date. Here's our conversation:
My parents: how was your date tonight?
Me: we had a good time (that was my go to answer). He told me his dreams.
My parents: oh!!!!! good gosh, we gotta go to bed, now.

You know I laid there in bed that night thinking I've never really thought about what size I wanted to be when I hit a certain age. I didn't know you thought about stuff like that before you got married. All I knew was I loved him no matter what size.

Ok here is the kicker. After we got married and he started moving on up the ladder and I started learning more about radio I realized what he meant.You see in radio, you got your small market, medium market and your large market (its according to your city, thats your market). I thought he was talking about his clothes. Anyway, I'd like to think of him as hitting an x-large, he became a radio consultant. I'm sooooo proud of him. He worked his way up and so have I, except mine was clothes.

Dear God,
Sometimes we often do start from the bottom but if we keep our eyes on you, we will be at the top. Thanks for loving us no matter what size. Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey