How I Met Yo Mama

One Saturday morning Sammy came to my house to get me. He said, he wanted me to meet his mama. On the drive to Corinth I was sooooo nervous. We get there and as soon as I walk in the door Sammy's brother said he wanted to introduce me to their grandmother. She was a skinny little lady, sweet as could be and we hit it off from the start. She even cooked lunch for us but his mama never showed up. After lunch we, along with grandmother, watched TV and just sat around talking and having a good time, but...no mama. It was getting to be dark and I had to get on home. So on the way home, I remembered thinking I guess she didn't wanna meet me so I never mentioned it until we pulled in my drive way. I told him I really had a good time and I hated I didn't get to meet his mama. He said, what do you mean, you talked to her all day. I said, naw, I talked to your grandmother. He said, who said she was my grandmother. I said, your brother introduced me to her. He started laughing and said, that was my mama.

         Dear God, I just wanna thank you for my sweet mother-in-law in my life, she was so easy to love.Thanks for letting her raise a son to be the man of my dreams. Amen                                                                                                    



                                                                                                                                               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey