Remember To Vote!!

Today is a special day for my family.  My daddy is hoping to get re-elected for mayor. If elected, this will be his 4th term.
Back in January of 2001, Daddy called my brother (Keith), sister (Lisa), and me to come to his house. He wanted to ask us something. Lord, we couldn't imagine what he wanted to ask us 'cause we were always asking him for advice. He told us to sit down. He wanted to run something by us and see what we thought. Now my daddy had been an alderman for  years, but he wanted to run for mayor. He told us he had put a lot of thought and prayers in this and wanted to know our thoughts on this. Our answer was... why hadn't you done this a long time ago?
This must be in his blood 'cause my grandmother (his mother, Helen Bryant) loved to get out and hand out cards, make phone calls for whoever she believed in and wanted you to vote for. She would have been soooo Proud of her son.
Daddy and I have been going door to door for the last couple of weeks asking for you vote. Yesterday, Lisa and I did the same thing, walking , going door to door. We started early and ended later and I can't move this morning. If we missed seeing you, please, don't take it personal. Its hard to be everywhere.
So when you go vote today, please remember Jackie Bryant for your mayor. He's a Good 'un!!
2001
2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey