2 Red Birds and a Butterfly


Have you ever had any encounters with red birds or butterflies?  I never thought too much about them until last year. After Kinsley's funeral, we came home and we parked the jeep and there was the prettiest red bird sitting in a branch right in front of us. I remember telling Sammy days after about this red bird was hanging around outside. Sometimes when he would come in from work he would say, hey that red bird is out on the porch. When Kinsley's friends would come over to see us we would walk them out to the front porch when they would get ready to leave and this red bird would zip by. It was like no one could see this bird but us cause it would go by so fast. Sammy and I got to where we would just look at each other and smile. We took a trip to see Beth, Ryan and Mac a few weeks before Sammy passed away and as I was putting stuff in the car this little butterfly would not leave me alone. I mean it was going all around me, like aggravating me to death.

The weirdest thing happened after Sammy passed away, one day Rustie (our dog) was just a barking at something outside, when I looked out, there were 2 red birds sitting on the rail on our front porch. They really put us on a show. Seems everywhere I go one or two red birds follow me. I've told this story so many times to my family, that I just point them out now. The bird (or birds) will fly by as if to say, hey we're here with you and your not alone. I love it!! One day, one was looking in the back door at me and I was lying on the couch watching T V. One other day I was sitting on the front porch doing some "thinking "and this little butterfly came and sat on the arm of the rocking chair. Of course we had a little chat and I bet it sat there a good 3 minutes. I was amazed it sat there that long. I'd rock and it would sit but when I went to touch it, it flew off. Whew!!! Thank goodness, 'cause you wouldn't have believed me if I said I touched a butterfly.
I'm looking forward to spring time in more ways than one. I can sit outside and watch my 2 redbirds and my little butterfly.

As I sit safe in Heaven
And watch you everyday
I try and let you know with signs
I never went away

I hear you when you're laughing
And watch you as you sleep
I even place my arms around you
To calm you as you weep

I see you wish the days away
Begging to have me home
So I try to send you signs
So you know you're not alone

Don't feel guilty that you have life
That was denied to me
Heaven is truly beautiful
Just you wait and see

So live your life and laugh again
Enjoy yourself and be free
Then I'll know with every breath you take
You'll be taking one for me --- Aaliyah Jane Flegg


Well its been a year since my girls gave me a lesson on how to write a blog. You have no idea how much this is helping me. I've decided not to post any more because I wanna look into putting my stories in a book. Awww I know, but I gotta tell ya it's your own fault, that never crossed my mind and many of you thought I should do this. I'm still gonna write 'cause I got so many more stories and it keeps me company at night. I wanna go back and put pictures to some of my earlier stories, now that I know how to do that. Thank you for your comments you leave and to you who stop me and tell me that you just wanted me to know you read them too, you warm my heart. I don't know if you're aware but you strengthen me with your prayers, encourage me with hope and you bless me with your love. I never expected to have so many readers. I can remember the first time I posted a story and right off the bat I had 7 readers in no time and before I posted tonight my blog had been viewed 67,989 times and in 10 different countries. WOW!!! That just blows my mind. Thank Ya !! Thank Ya! Thank Ya!
Now don't look for this book anytime soon 'cause I got soooo many stories to write. Plus I don't know how to even go about turning these into a book but when the time comes I'm sure it will all fall into place. And if it don't heck, I'll put them back on here and you can knock your self out reading them. We'll see. In the mean time find you something to do on Thursday night. Lol !!!! Hey, I'm talking to myself, too. Please always keep me in your prayers 'cause I sure do need them. I Love You All.

Dear Lord,
Where would I be without you, family, friends and blog readers especially this past year. I'm so blessed and thank you for each and every one of them. They have been with me through my lonely nights, my tears and laughter and for that I'm grateful. Lord, just wrap your arms around them and let them feel my love I have for them. Lord, I pray I can be there for them as they have for me. Thank you for blessing me with family, friends and my many, many blog readers. I Love You, Lord. Amen.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey