My Lil' Cupids

 Have y'all ever been home alone and started talking to yourself?  Lord, I hope I'm not the only one! Y'all are gonna think I'm crazy but this really happened. When Jay passed away I would go in his room and dust, vacuum, or just cry after the girls left for school and Kinsley was down for a nap. After about 3 months every time I'd go in his room (for some reason), I thought I needed to wash the bed skirt on his bed. Now how crazy is that....a bed skirt????  One day I couldn't take it any longer so I decided I'd wash it. Jay had a twin water (mattress) on his bed. It wasn't completely full, maybe 3/4 full. I took all the covers off but the mattress would not budge, too heavy. I tried several times but nothing. Finally I leaned back on my heels and looked up and said, Ok, I need someone to help me, if I'm gonna wash this thing. I even tried pulling the skirt underneath the mattress but nothing. I thought I'd give the mattress one more try.  Well, what do you know, it came right off. I Promise It Did!! I couldn't believe it. I washed and dried that bed skirt and put it back on. I thought well there's no way that mattress will go back on. Guess what ... nothing to it. I leaned back on my heels again, looked up and said, I don't know who helped me but I appreciate it. I made the bed up but there was a hump at the foot of the bed. So I remade the bed, smoothing everything out but there was still a hump at the foot of the bed. So I took all the covers off again and unzipped the mattress this time. I pulled this yellow plastic back, then the foam that surrounds the plastic that holding the water. At the foot of the mattress was a Styrofoam plate. It had a 2 cupids with an arrow drawn at the top and bottom of the plate. At the top it said "HI Mom". In the middle it said" I Love You" At the bottom it said, Jay. This of course was all in Jay's handwriting. I honestly thought I was going CRAZY. I was afraid to tell any of my family (including Sammy) cause I thought they would send me off. It was several years (3-4) later before I ever told Sammy. I not real sure Nikki and Beth (my daughters) has heard this story. You know what's funny, in 2004 (9 years later) we felt it was time to change his room.  You know, let go. When we came down to taking his bed apart, Guess what....... we had to drain the mattress cause the two of us couldn't pick it up (maybe we should have ask for help). I Girl Scout promise you... this happened!   Yep, there are angels among us. Thank Goodness!!!

I've always thought of that Styrofoam plate around Valentines Day. I really think God was whispering in my ear, saying wash that bed skirt 'cause I gotta Surprise for you.

Just thinking Lord,
I know it was just a mattress but isn't that the way life is. When sometimes our load is so heavy( know matter what it is) we think we can do it all by ourself, when things could be much lighter if only we would come to you.

Dear Lord,
Thanks you for my family, friends and blog readers. May we always remember that you will take the heavy load and you will give us the lighter one, if we ask. I'm so glad your always there for me 'cause I'm always asking for the lighter load. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey