Be Mine

Wishing You and Yours a "Happy Valentine"

As long as I can remember Sammy always loved Valentine's but who doesn't. It's funny when I try to think of dates I try to remember how many kids we had at the time. Y'all ever do that? I remember this story well. I know we had Nikki, Beth, and Jay. Sammy always made sure we got flowers, balloons, candy, or jewelry. (Kinsley wasn't even a thought but looking back... maybe she was) HA!!
Valentines was coming up and I was trying to come up with something different. Instead of going out to eat, a movie, or candy/card thing. You know I wanted to come up with something he would never ever think of and I gotta tell ya, I out did myself!
One day I was looking through the J C Penney's catalog and came across (y'all don't laugh) this model with these black silk pajamas on. Oh My Goodness!!! He looked so good in them, so I thought I'd order my man a pair. I could hardly wait till Valentine's night so I could give him this....well thought-out gift.
On Valentine's Day I decided we would have a candle light dinner at home. Y'all don't get excited, the kids were there too, mistake #1.  I can't remember what I fixed (okay, I was just reminded that we had Chinese) and it don't really matter 'cause it all went down hill when the lights went out and the candle were lit. Apparently, I didn't put much thought in how many candles we might need 'cause we couldn't see our hand in front of us. They didn't know it was gonna be a candle lit dinner till the lights went out and you never heard the manner of screaming going on. Sammy thought there had been a power failure. Being a former Girl Scout, I was prepared, tea light candle in hand. One of the kids spilled their drink, another one couldn't find their fork, and I forgot to put the bread out. I couldn't see the island to get the bread and the kids didn't want me to take the candle with me 'cause they were scared. Sammy said lets just turn the lights back on and eat in peace. We did, but I had to promise not to ever do that again. Have you ever heard the saying, somethings are better in the candle light? Well not in the Darwin Household, HA!
Nighttime comes and the kids are asleep, what next?? Lock the door and turn the lights down low, (I loved that song) visions of them Silky Black PJs. I went all out, I had wrapped them with Valentine's paper. I really couldn't read that look on his face, Surprised or Shocked? He really wasn't a pjs kinda guy but I had him pictured like that model.
Sammy: You want me to put this on.
Me: Yeah, sure, go ahead (make my night, just kidding girls).
Y'all, I waited till he put that whole get-up on and then said TAKE 'EM OFF (while I search for the catalog. I mush have ordered the wrong one). Well about that time, the phone rang and it was Mama Helen needing help. Her water pipes had burst and she needed him to come turn the water off at the road. Leaving  them sexy PJs on, but putting a jogging suit over it  He took off to her house.
When he came home about an hour later he was frozen. Poor feller said, now I don't wanna hurt your feelings but your gonna have to send these silks back. They are way to big!!! I had to get down on my knees to turn the water off and when I stood up the silks when down. We are lucky it was dark so Helen couldn't see how deformed I was. Whew! I had my fingers crossed, she didn't see him. She would have never let me live that down. I packed them black silk pajamas up and sent them back. Wrong size! Wrong color! Wrong man! HA!!



Dear Lord,
You got 3 of my Valentines in your care, I know they know this but remind them just how much I Love Them and They are Forever in My Heart. I love you too Lord and I'm so glad you live in my heart. I thank you for all my blessings especially my family, friends, and blog readers. Amen.






           Hope y'all had a blessed day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey