Ugh!!!!! Leaving my parents home for the second time.




Gosh, I know y'all have heard people say, when your children move out, don't get to comfortable 'cause they may come back. Well, I'm one of those children, yeah... almost 41 years later I moved back home. Never would I have thought that of me but we just don't know what tomorrow holds, do we? Thankfully, I had plenty of family members that wanted me and my 3 dogs. Well ...me for sure. Lol!!! My 5 month stay hasn't been bad once I got that curfew thing worked out. It didn't take long for my childhood memories to come back to me. Aww.. waking up on Saturday morning with the smell of Mama cooking breakfast and I had forgotten all about dinner being ready at 5:00 each day. What they didn't know?  I was ready to eat again before I went to bed. Sad to say but my kids never experienced any early meals. Yeah, I failed in that department but they got fed before midnight anyway.
  Being back home we have made some new memories. I loooove football, whether it's college or NFL. I'll admit I don't see all that stuff those referees see but I got my college teams I pull for. And as for NFL, I just pick out the best lookin' uniform and go from there. I will on occasion pull for them Manning boys if the other team's uniform ain't lookin' to purty. My oldest daughter was a dancer at Mississippi State; seems like yesterday.  I've gone to a few college games there but ... honestly, I couldn't take my eyes off that dancer. Just so you know, I'm a Mississippi State fan and an Ole Miss fan. I'm sorry, I'm wishy washy! Once I went to an NFL game in Nashville and we were sitting so high up I ducked when those jets flew over at the beginning of the game. I think Sammy was ready to take me home but he was laughing so hard, he gave me another chance. So for now, I've enjoyed Daddy's company on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Thursday night for football. I loved popping a top on a cold one (orange crush) and kicking back with my daddy.
  And Mama got into cooking and me washing dishes. Oh, they have a dish washer but I like to wash the old fashion way. Lol! We got hooked on that Hallmark Channel. Only thing about those movies is when one would end another one would start. At times it was rough on this old girl 'cause I'd have to get up early but mama could stay up till midnight or longer. Sometimes she would watch the same movie twice. Once during the day then again at night with me. She would say, "You want me to tell ya what's gonna happen?"  Naw!! That's when I knew... that's my mama's love no matter how old you are. Keeping me company.
  I know when I get all settled in my new house my hearing will return. Bless 'em and I know one day I'll be there. One blames the other for the tv being turned up several notches. I think they're equal though. I answered the phone one day only to find out it was a phone ringing on the tv.
  Y'all remember" Sweating To The Oldies"?  We did too, but I'm gonna call it "Sweatin' WITH The Oldies" 'cause they would turn that heat up and I'd start sweatin'. Let me just say the heat was up past my comfort zone but who need covers or pj's, right. I was just proud to be there.
  At our 5:00 dinner table, they liked to play a game call Charades. Daddy and Mama would get to telling something and couldn't recall a name or place. They would use names like whatchamacallit, doodad, dumaflache, and thingamabob. Now I know there are days I could hide my own Easter eggs so I fit right in. I know we are all guilty of doing that at one time or the other. It got to be entertaining. Laughter is good, I've been told. We often tried to remember "as far as everyone knows, we are a nice and normal family". Lol!
I gotta tell ya coming back home was different. This is not the house I grew up in but it's the same loving parents. One of the thing that never changed was Daddy singing. Hehe!!  Shh, don't mention this but he has always like to sing this one song and he would give it his all while showering. He's not bad either. The song is "I'll Meet You in the Morning". A good old gospel song. You know the kind that stays with ya all day.
 Since I came to live with them they became new owners of a inside/outside cat. Just for the record, Mama hated it at first but it's growing on her. Only because it follows Daddy around everywhere and travels with him sometimes. So, as I take my dogs and move on down the road, there are not enough word to express how much they mean to me. They truly warm my heart!!! BTW... If you're ever driving by and your window is down.  You might hear Daddy calling" Slut," or "Hussy". That's his cat, not Mama. His dog, "Heathern" is out in the pen.

Dear Lord,
I'm so grateful to have the parents you gave me. Just as you, they have been with me through good and bad times. They have giving me hope and have reminded me of my faith when I needed it the most. Thank you for our laugher, a good warm bed, food to eat and that song we hummm in our hearts. May we all remember, when we look to you we know we are held together with love and grace. Bless all my family and friends. All my love, Lord and in you name, Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey