The Bottom of the Christmas Tree Box


Y’all, I wanted to share something I did just about every year before taking down the Christmas tree.  Shoot, I don’t even think my girls knew I did this back in the day. Sammy didn’t even know.  Now, It may sound silly to some but whatever floats your boat, right? I always, somehow someway, got our Christmas tree down from the attic alone.  I remember going down the ladder was way better than going up.  I will say, there were times on the way down, that I may or may not have given the old tree box a shove.  Going up, I had to take it one piece at a time.  Everyone in my household, surprisingly, found that they were needed somewhere else when I announced that the tree needed to go up or come down.  I would get all kinds of excuses.  “I need to mow the yard (December) with scissors.”  “ My legs need shaving.”  “I gotta go climb a tree.” After a few years, you learn to do it yourself if you want it done.  So here’s the part they didn’t know I did.  When time came for the tree and all the trimmings (which was with us for about 25 years) to go back in the attic, I’d sit up there and write about the highlights of our year; whether  it be funny, bad, or sad. I gotta tell ya, seemed like the funny and the good always outweighed the bad or sad.  Gosh, I’d write about how proud I was of Sammy; pulling the kids teeth or their beauty pageants; new pets and cars. I wrote about our surprise 4th child and grandbabies.  I would put what I wrote down in the bottom of the old Christmas tree box to read the next year when the others found something else to do.  Just saying, give it a try.  I love my keepsakes!  So, from my little house to yours, all my love and Merry Christmas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey