I'm so glad we had this time together.




 Looking back on this school year, my mornings started with a cup of coffee in the cup holder and the radio cranked up just to get my day started because I knew what was awaiting once I stepped through the doors at IES. There is nothing like going to a place where hugs are free, smiles are contagious, and learning is fun.
Mondays aren't so bad because the kids and I have a lot of catchin' up to do. More often than not, they are standing in line telling me about their weekend. Oh, the stories I hear ( my lips are sealed and I threw away the key) hehe! I also have Monday morning bathroom doo-tee (duty ). Now, I know that is everyone's dream and the only thing good about it is I get it over with. However, the best part is seeing all the first grade and kindergarten students.  You know when I first started working in kindergarten some of Mrs. Michelle's former students that had moved on to first grade would come in just about every morning and give her a hug. I thought that was so cool, so this year I got to experience that to. Aww... there is nothing like it. Sometimes we would have to tie their shoes or get their hair just right, before sending them on their way, but always telling them to do their best, to have a good day and we loved them. Sometimes as they would leave they would look back and say they wished they were still in kindergarten. I know just how they feel, it's hard moving on.
 This year Mrs. Michelle and I had 19 little ones. On the very first day we start working on a scrapbook to give to each child at the end of the year. It's so amazing to see how far they had come, knowing when we got them, some not all, couldn't even hold a pencil or scissor. There's nothing like watching a 5 year old grow.
 To my 11 handsome little boys and 9 beautiful little girls, I wish you the best as you move on up. I'm gonna miss my hugs in the morning, afternoon and times in between, and your stories you share with me. I gonna miss you learning to sound out letters, counting and reading. I'm gonna miss coloring and playing together. I'm gonna miss pictures you draw for me, playground weeds you pick for me and gross frogs and dead cicadas.
 To my teacher, Mrs. Michelle, thanks for putting up with me. Our kids kept us on our toes and we have learned from them as well. I've loved sharing laughter and tears when our babies showed progress. You are so special to me and I Love You.
Thanks to all the parents who shared their " pride and joy" with us. Words can not express how they warmed my heart and making days worth getting up for.
To my co- workers, my extended family, your the best. Congratulations to the ones who got rehired. For us who didn't... hang in there. God has other plans but I'd just like mine to be with kids and he could throw in a teacher.
What better way to end your work day by seeing a classmate come rolling in on bus 107. Woo, (Emily Wooten) thanks for your smiles and words of encouragement for us all.
Just as I did last year I got all my kids handprints for my quilt. I know I said I would post pictures of my quilt, but summer came and went. I sold our house and it took me forever to move. So I was sorta busy. I hate excuses but it is what it is, I'm sorry but its coming and I can't wait to show you.

Dear Lord,
You know, it's so hard leaving something you absolutely love to do. I'm gonna try not to bug you but you know I'd love to work there again some day. Thank you for my time there. Bless my IES family and those sweet babies. Amen.


I wrote this a couple of years back but never posted. Reason being, I cried the whole time I wrote and I guess I forgot to hit post. Then again, maybe I wasn't suppose to hit post because now you can see the most Beautiful quilt/ throw ever made. Isn't it lovely!!! Actually, I have one more to be quilted. I did one when I started and one when my job ended, You know the beginning and the end, alpha and omega. But, WOO HOO!!!! I'm back..., getting to work with all five kindergarten classes, five of the Best teachers and my side kick, Kim Spangler ( the other lucky assistant). We've all worked very hard getting every thing just right for the 1st day of kindergarten. We can't wait to welcome our babies to our IES family.

Dear Lord,
I tried soooo hard not to bug ya. I really did, and I did pretty good for a few days. Did it count when I'd say, Lord, I'm not gonna say it but.... I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Thank you for that lesson about having patience and thanks for answering my prayers. I ask your blessings on all the schools in Tishomingo county. May we have a safe and a year of making memories. In your name, Amen.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Leg Over the Threshold

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

My New Journey